Wildcard Wednesday!


Welcome to the first edition of Wildcard Wednesday! Wildcard Wednesday will be the place where I discuss one of my passions: FOOTBALL!! It's the offseason right now, so Wildcard Wednesday will focus for the time being on things I've taken a chance on and how things worked out. Cause just like a Wildcard team in the NFL playoffs, you just never know how it's going to play out!

This week, I'd like to focus on a book that changed my life. I'm talking Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. The reason I say I took a chance on this book is because I had never heard a single thing about it when I picked it up off the shelf at a local Waldenbooks. I wasn't even really shopping for books, I had happened to pop into that store since it was at the mall I was shopping at. I was intrigued by the cover so I picked it up and read the back. I had never read a book about faeries before, but the synopsis was so interesting that I decided to take a chance on it, and you have no idea how glad I am that I did!

Melissa's series is amazing... the writing is superb, the story is engaging and the characters invoked strong reactions in me. I was instantly snagged into her world and ended up reading Ink Exchange and Fragile Eternity back to back in two days. But aside from an amazing story, Wicked Lovely led me to The Rath. The Rath is the fan forum section on the WickedLovely.com website. I had never joined a fan forum for a book before and I was instantly surrounded by wonderful and diverse individuals with strong opinions and beliefs about not only the books created by Melissa, but by other books and life in general. It is through The Rath that I have made lasting and true friendships and connections that will last for the rest of my life. The Rathers are an amazing and special group of people and I feel blessed that I was led to them.

So... if you're looking for an amazing read, pick up Wicked Lovely today! I guarantee you'll get hooked and if you love it as much as I did, consider joining The Rath. You won't be sorry!

And because this is Wildcard Wednesday, I feel like I should say something about football so here it is: Yay for the NFL changing the playoff rules in terms of overtime. I think it's wonderful that each team will be guaranteed to have the ball at least once. I think it's crazy that it's taken this long for that rule to be changed! So for you football fans out there, rest easy! If your team loses the coin toss in a playoff overtime game, you will get the ball! So if your defense is suspect, at least your offense gets a chance to tie it up, or possibly win you the game. Yay for football evolution!

3 comments:

Lena1xoxo said...

LOOK AT YOUR BLOG!! So pretty. I'm so proud of you, Karen. :)

LOL, you're such a Rather. Promoting Wicked Lovely. Hahaha, I love you!

-Lena

Anonymous said...

Awesome post, love. I agree and my story is similar. This series literally changed my life by leading me to the Rath and I'm so happy I read the books, not just 'cause of the life-changing experience, but because the books themselves are exquisite.

-Maggie

Karen said...

@Lena: LOL. Gotta pimp The Rath of course, hehe. Love you too! And thanks! You got me started!!

@Maggie: Thanks babe! And YES... the stories are amazing. I heart Melissa something fierce.

 
Imagination Designs