FUN FRIDAY (15)


Happy Friday!! :) Welcome to FUN FRIDAY where I reveal something about me, some personal tidbit that will allow my followers to get to know me better. I follow several blogs and I sometimes wonder who the bloggers REALLY are behind the words, so I thought it would be a cool thing to open up a bit and to reveal more about who Karen really is.

Today's tidbit: I had never had surgery before today. In fact, I'm a total rookie when it comes to most things medical because I've been extremely lucky when it comes to those things. But this past week has NOT been my week... I found out on Wednesday that I needed to have surgery. Unexpected and completely unwanted. But it is what it is and I was at the hospital bright and early this AM.

The nurse was surprised by how little medical stuff I've been exposed to. I almost fainted when getting my IV! She had to take a break (it didn't want to go into my hand) because my blood pressure plummeted and I broke out in a sweat. I had to lay flat on my back for about ten minutes before we were able to continue. But once that stress passed, the rest wasn't so bad. I was nervous about the anesthesia because I had never been put under before, but I woke up! Haha. While I hope to never have to have surgery again, the likelihood of that is small and at least now I've had the experience.

Basically, this long diatribe has been to explain my absence this week on the blog. It's been a long and emotional week and I'm happy to now begin the healing process. I've slept most of the hours since I've been home today, and my eyes are starting to get droopy again, so the recovery is definitely a work in progress. I'm sore, but I have the next three days to recuperate, really glad I took Monday off of work!

I don't know that I'll be back on here until next week but I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend. Enjoy the remains of the summer! Fall is right around the corner. And as always, HAPPY HAPPY READING! *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs