*REVIEW* Finale


Synopsis:

Will love conquer all?

Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.

Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilim that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin.

But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.

As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for.

Ohhhhh.M.G. Finale was everything I hoped it would be and was a fanTABulous ending to a truly beloved series. Becca Fitzpatrick pulls out all the stops as she wraps up the story of Nora, Patch, and the gang. Alliances are made, betrayals abound, twists and turns are around every corner, and impossible choices must be made. And, oh yeah... there's a whole LOT of Patch. What more could you possibly need?

Finale picks up right after Silence and Nora is still reeling from the choice Hank Millar forced upon her... newly Nephilim and tasked with leading Hank's army against the fallen angels, Nora has never been more conflicted. While she strives for peace and can't imagine eradicating the fallen angel race, especially considering her heart and soul belongs to a fallen angel, there's a large part of her that sympathizes with the Nephilim cause.

Enter Dante, Nora's sexy first lieutenant, and Nora finally begins to train and learn more about her Nephilim powers. Dante also introduces her to the dangerous and addictive devilcraft. As Nora becomes more involved in the Nephilim society, will she be able to ignore their desires for freedom, siding with Patch and the fallen angels? Or will her conscience become too great to bear? The powers of heaven and hell collide in the epic conclusion to the Hush, Hush series.

EEP! It is REALLY challenging to write a review when you desperately don't want to spoiler the book for others. I LOVED this book... and that's not to say that it was perfect cause rarely does a book achieve that status, but it was a perfect ending to this series and I can walk away from it now feeling content and very, very satisfied.

The greats: PATCH! Good lord, I love him. He has his flaws, sure, but his intentions come from such a great place. And the way he loves Nora? *swoon* I just adore him, he will go down as one of my fave lit boys ever. Then there's Scott. YAY Scott. I really, really like the way his character progressed over the series and I just love him.

More greats: The pacing, this story was HOPPING! I never felt bored and it was sooooo unbelievably hard to put the book down! I inhaled it in less than 2 days and considering I'm getting married in 2 days, that is REALLY saying something! And the ending? The ending! I loved it. Plenty of twists and turns and shocking revelations all lead up to one fabulous twist that just makes my heart smile.

The not-so-greats: I think Patch kind of took it overboard sometimes with the over-protectiveness. While it's one of his best traits as well, putting a tracking device on Nora was a bit much!! I could see a lot of readers having a problem with that but for me? Patch would still totally be worth it and could be my personal bodyguard ANY.DAY.OF.THE.WEEK. *ahem* Sorry. And then there's Marcie... oh, Marcie. EVERY single time I have tried to give this girl the benefit of the doubt, it's been thrown in my face! I'd really like to smack her.

Anywho... I could go on and on and on about this book but you REALLY owe it to yourself to READ THIS BOOK. Seriously. If Silence didn't quite do it for you, don't give up on this series! I think Finale was everything a fan of this series could hope for, and more. Read it. NOW! And enjoy... cause you will. *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs