Game of Thrones

I finally got around to reading A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin, after MUCH prodding from my husband and brother-in-law who are hardcore fans, and let me tell you... this book did NOT disappoint. I dreaded reading it mainly due to the length cause these books are MASSIVE. Over 800 pages of teeny, tiny writing but I found that it was so engaging, the pages flew by much quicker than I thought possible. It also helps that I had already seen the show on HBO.

So how do the two compare? I am so impressed by the job that HBO and creators did with the first season of the show because it caught ALL of the major plot points of the book. There wasn't anything vital that was missed and it was great to see these amazing characters brought to life. There was one scene with the direwolves that was left out that was incredible in the book, Grey Wind is a bad*ss!! It would have been near impossible to pull off that scene without CGI wolves though. Another thing that is different for me is my like for Jon Snow. On the show, I wasn't that drawn to his character but I really like his chapters in the book. I also find Ghost more interesting in the book, especially how silent he is which is not depicted on the show.

My verdict? Read the books, then watch the show. They are both fantastic and are sure to please. There's more sex in the show, and lots of full frontal nudity by both sexes, but it's great entertainment that will leave you wanting more. Enjoy! *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs