Summer Favorites

Summer for an educator means many weeks of summer vacation which translates for me into lots of opportunities for summer reading. Since my summer vacation started mid-June, I have read 15 books. Of those 15 books, 2 of them stand out and deserve to be highlighted as my personal "Best Books of Summer 2013"...

The first book was so amazing, it hooked me on page one and I could not put it down! It's not an exaggeration to say that I INHALED it:



SQUEEEEE! Love this series! Was a little worried the second book would be a letdown after the amazingness of the first but Gena Showalter does not disappoint her fans with this one. Amazing, amazing book. Check out my review of it here.

The second book that rocked my socks this summer:



To be fair, I also ranked the first and second books of the A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R.R. Martin as 5 star books as well but A Storm of Swords, the third book, takes the cake! This book was incredible! MAJOR characters die left and right in shocking and insane ways. Even though the book is uber-long, I got through it pretty quickly because it was just so engaging and entertaining. Martin knows how to weave a tale, that's for sure. For fans of the TV series who haven't read the books, you get ready for the next season! More shocks are coming your way!

Hope you all enjoyed your summer reading as much as I did. Now bring on Fall! Enjoy! *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs