*REVIEW* I'll Give You the Sun


Synopsis:

Jude and her brother, Noah, are incredibly close twins. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude surfs and cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and divisive ways... until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as an unpredictable new mentor. The early years are Noah's story to tell. The later years are Jude's. What the twins don't realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake their world.

I had never read anything by Jandy Nelson before and after reading I'll Give You the Sun, I will be scooping up EVERY SINGLE THING that she writes. This novel completely ensnared me... I laughed, I cried, I was moved beyond words. The interlocking nature of all of the characters was so compelling and the way in which Nelson revealed the relationships was brilliant. This novel is pure amazingness and you OWE it to yourself to read it the second it releases in September.

I'll Give You the Sun follows the story of Jude and Noah, twins with a wonderful and intense connection. Circumstances happen that drive a wedge between the twins, and it's through flashbacks in Noah's POV, and present day through Jude's POV, that we learn all that has conspired to come between the twins. As we watch Jude become entangled with a new mentor, and a dangerous-to-her-heart boy, we start to see amazing connections... connections to the past that Jude will never see coming. Will Noah and Jude make their way back to one another, or will the past be too much for them to handle? This book will keep you engaged until the very end, with some twists and turns, laughter and tears, all racing to a conclusion that will leave readers in love with Jandy Nelson and her amazing writing.

SQUEEEE! This book. THIS BOOK!!! It's seriously so, so good. I was blown away by Nelson's ability to slowly tell the story, unraveling secrets in a tantalizing and completely addictive way. I remember thinking to myself at one point, "that is so freakin' cool!" The ways that the characters are connected to one another is truly inspired and original and this novel is amazing beyond words. I refuse to spoiler anyone because that would be criminal, but rest assured: this is one book you do NOT want to miss. I'll Give You the Sun is set to release September 16, 2014 by Dial Books for Young Readers. Mark your calendars! Happy Reading! *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs