Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Authors!



TOP TEN TUESDAY time! *SQUEE* Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish. Today's theme is all about your FAVORITE authors... and the ladies are being meaaaaan this week because they want bloggers to only name ten! This may not be easy and other than my number one choice, these are in NO particular order.

1. J.K. Rowling
Who else? I will be eternally grateful to Rowling because she created the amazing world of Harry Potter, a world that still captivates me as much today as it did the first time I encountered it. The Harry Potter books caught me in a phase where I had stopped reading for pleasure and this series sparked in me that desire to devour books again and I could not be more thankful. And it's Harry freakin' Potter. Nothing better in my opinion! Potterhead for life!

2. Christopher Paolini
I am so in love with The Inheritance Cycle books, there's no way I couldn't place him on this list. I think I've read Eragon at least seven times or so and it never gets old for me. I love the world he created and I really hope that he one day returns to Alagaesia. The second he does, I am there.

3. Richelle Mead
There's something addictive about Richelle Mead's books. I am a huge Vampire Academy fan and literally inhaled each book the second it came out. Equally impressive was her Bloodlines spin-off series. Mead has stated that she plans to return to the vampire world she created one day and I will be there immediately to jump right back in.

4. Melissa Marr
I was a HUGE fan of The Wicked Lovely series and became intensely involved in the fan forum on her website. I met some truly amazing people through that site and have met Melissa Marr several times in person, once having tea before a signing with a group of "Rathers" as we called ourselves (the website was The Rath). I love her stories and she's just a neat person, very friendly and warm to her fans. I'll definitely consider myself one of those for as long as she's creating stories.

5. Cassandra Clare
Anyone who can dream up a character as dreamy as Jace Wayland deserves a spot on this list! And you can't forget about the amazing Will Herondale either. Clare knows how to write up some seriously steamy dudes and her stories are addictive page-turners that are impossible to put down.

6. George R.R. Martin
I am an enormous fan of all things Game of Thrones and the book series is SO MUCH BETTER, which is truly saying something. A Song of Ice and Fire is an incredible series that is well-written, creative, and mind blowing at times. I just wish he'd get crackin' on the next book because I don't want the show to spoiler me!

7. Stephanie Perkins
I'm actually surprised to find myself placing her on the list but the truth is, her books are just awesome. They pull me in and captivate me from the first page until the last. And I wanted to move to Paris for weeks after reading Anna and the French Kiss. Books that stay with you? Made of win.

8. Gena Showalter
I've had some of her adult books, mostly The Lords of the Underworld series, on my TBR shelf for a long time because I've heard such amazing things. For me, it was reading her YA series, White Rabbit Chronicles, that sealed the deal for me. Her books are amazing! I find myself buying everything I can now.

9. Julie Kagawa
I adore her books, The Iron Fey series is really addictive and I have yet to be disappointed by anything she writes. I also happened to win a super cool painted rock from her through a contest. It's gray and it's Grimalkin, the cat. He hangs out with me each day on my desk at work.

10. Kelley Armstrong
Everything this lady touches turns to gold! Her books and series are all so, so good and highly addictive. From her adult series to her YA series, I've been impressed with everything she does. I've met her at a reading and she seems down-to-Earth and awesome. Fan for life!

This was really, really hard and I'm sure I'm forgetting about some truly awesome authors. Some that I know are amazing and also deserving of being on this list are my honorable mentions:
Rachel Vincent, Rick Riordan, Lish McBride, Huntley Fitzpatrick, Ilona Andrews, Suzanne Collins, Corrine Jackson, Andrea Cremer, Patrick Rothfuss, Shannon Messenger, and Claudia Gray.

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs