*REVIEW* Rapture


Synopsis:

The sky is dark with wings . . . .

Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.

Welllll, the Fallen Series has reached it's end. I really don't know how I feel about it, to be honest. Perhaps I should have spent some more time reflecting before trying to write my review, but another book awaits and I wanted to write this while the story was fresh in my mind.

Rapture picks up where Passion left us, with Luce and Daniel racing against time to stop Lucifer's plan to erase thousands of years of history. The lovers team up with their angel pals, demon friends, and surprising allies to hunt down three relics, relics that will tell them the original site of the fall. This is where Luce will ultimately have to face Lucifer to save the world--if only she knew what her exact role would be.

The book is jam-packed with action and danger waits around every corner. Will Luce and Daniel get there in time to stop Lucifer? Will Luce finally learn all of her past, meaning who she is, how she met Daniel, and how this all began? Will the knowledge be too much for her to bear? And when it comes down to it, will an unexpected visitor turn everything upside down? All will be revealed in this fourth and final book of the Fallen Series.

I did like this book... a lot. The pacing was good and there was a lot of action that kept me completely engaged in the story. That being said, a big reveal wasn't that surprising because I had seen hints about it throughout the series, probably like most devoted readers have. What WAS surprising to me was the ending and I don't know that I like it all that much. While it didn't make me upset, angry, or shedding tears, it did leave me saying to myself, "Really?!" So I don't know... I guess I wish Lauren Kate had gone elsewhere with the ending. But it is what it is!

I think anyone who has read some of the Fallen Series should read it to its' conclusion. Rapture is a solid last book and many questions were finally answered. I'm sad to say goodbye to some of the characters, but thanks to the ending, it was a whole lot easier to say goodbye to a couple of them than I thought it would be.

Anywho... I still rated it 4 of 5 stars because it was a good book, even if the ending left me wanting. Hope you all enjoy it as much, or more, than I did! Happy Reading! *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs