Teaser Tuesday: Faery Tales and Nightmares


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading!

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

-Grab your current read
-Open to a random page
-Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

Today's teaser comes from Faery Tales and Nightmares by Melissa Marr:

Irial took a long drag from the now lit cigarette before speaking. "I'm better at this game, Niall. You can be the intimidating, bad-tempered king to everyone but me. We both know that I wouldn't raise a hand to stop you if you wanted to take all of your tempers out on me. There's only one person I'd protect at your expense... and her life span is but a blink of ours." pg. 258

It's no secret that I'm a huge Melissa Marr fan... I looooove her Wicked Lovely series so it's shocking to me that I'm just now reading this book. To be fair, I had read many of the short stories before, at least a majority of the ones based in the Wicked Lovely universe. While the Dark Court is not my favorite, I've enjoyed reading the stories in this book. And I'm just now about to start reading the first short story that has my Keenan in it! *swoon*

The other short stories in the book? Meh. But for me? It's all about the Wicked Lovely faeries so it's ALL good. Enjoy! *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs