FUN FRIDAY: The Avengers

Happy Friday!! :) Normally, FUN FRIDAY is where I reveal something about me, some personal tidbit that will allow my followers to get to know me better. Since I follow several blogs and I often wonder who the bloggers REALLY are behind the words, I thought it would be a cool thing to open up a bit and to reveal more about who I really am. Today, however, there's only one thing I want to talk about:



Ever since my fiance convinced me to watch the Iron Man movies, I have been ADDICTED to Marvel and their hottie superheroes. While the Iron Man movies remain my favorite (come on, Robert Downey, Jr. is BRILLIANT!), I've really enjoyed Captain America and Thor as well. These movies have all been leading up to a MAJOR motion picture, a collaboration that includes all the characters Marvel fans have grown to love. That movie is THE AVENGERS and let me tell you, it was AMAZING!!!

I'm actually surprised by how much I liked it because I was worried my main man, Iron Man, wouldn't get much screen time and I would feel jilted. That SO wasn't the case and I found myself not being all that upset when he WASN'T on camera because the rest of the movie and characters were SO good. I credit this in large part to Joss Whedon. For those who don't know who he is, he was the writer and creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer which remains to this day one of my all-time favorite TV shows. The same humor, wit, and superb writing that was a staple of Buffy was brought to The Avengers and the result is a movie so entertaining, even non-comic book/superhero fans will enjoy it.

Okaaaaaay, gushing is over. But seriously, if you have time this weekend, go out and see this one. Especially if you've got a man in your life, he'll adore you forEVER if you surprise him and take him to see it. Make sure to get some snacks, you'll need something to do with your hands if you're like me and found yourself on the edge of your seat! Hope you all have a magical and fantastic and SUPER weekend! *XOXO*

5 comments:

Sandy said...

I am seeing this tonight with my friends, brother, and sister! As soon as I get off work I have to zip home, get them and come right back into town for the movie theatre. So glad to hear you loved it, I hope I love it too ^_^.

Karen said...

Yayyyy!!! Let me know what you think =)

Kirthi said...

Hehe, I am totally going to watch this! Love the enthusiasm! I've seen so many funny pictures of Spider Man being sad for not being included ^_^

Karen said...

Hahaha, really?! That's awesome! I'm going to have to google now :)

Kirthi said...

OHMYGOSH Watched it today! I love Loki, favourite character! Haha, Stark is like the cool guy, Thor is the untouchable awesomeness, and Captain America: the goody-two shoes. IT was really intense and I loved it!

 
Imagination Designs