Hurricane Sandy


Even though it feels super late in the season to be talking about a hurricane, that's EXACTLY what I'm going to do because I live in southeastern VA and we're getting pounded by Hurricane Sandy as I type this! Luckily, it's mostly a rain situation, the winds aren't too terrible so widespread power outages haven't occurred yet, but since our area is at sea level, rain of this caliber proves to be a MAJOR issue with flooding. Because of all the rain (on average, 6-10 inches from last night through tomorrow night), lots of flooding is occurring throughout our region. YAY. What does this mean for me?

Well, for one thing... I don't have to work tomorrow. Which normally, would make me jump over the moon excited, except the way our lovely school board has worked out our inclement weather days, if we miss a day before Veteran's Day (November 12) we have to make it up instead of getting that holiday. So instead of a great three-day weekend with at least the POTENTIAL of good weather, we're getting a three-day weekend of truly horrible weather, weather that's relegated me to my couch. I couldn't even get Chinese food for lunch today because they were closed. Yes, I'm whining... I can't help it!

The other bad thing for me is that Veteran's Day is the Monday before my wedding and I could REALLY use the time that week to tie up loose ends and whatnot. It sucks to get a day off now that's going to end up being a wasted day. So thank you, Sandy. You suck!!!

I did use the time today to wrap up reading Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys. Unfortunately, I didn't really like it. And hopefully the weather doesn't keep me from mailing it on to the next person tomorrow! I plan on making some hot chocolate and writing my review tonight. Got to find some way to pass the time! Hope everyone is doing well and that your weekend is drier than mine. And as always, HAPPY READING! *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs