*REVIEW* Crescendo


Synopsis:

Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it. A mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever (if that's possible) and what's worse, he seems to be spending time with Nora's archenemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude, Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feelings that he is hiding something.

If that weren't enough, Nora is haunted by images of her murdered father, and comes to question whether her Nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death. Desperate to figure out what happened, she puts herself in increasingly dangerous situations to get the answer. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.

I ADORE this series. It had been a loooooong freakin' time since I had read Hush, Hush so I re-read it so I could read the rest of the books in this series since the fourth and final book came out yesterday. I'm pleased to say that Crescendo, the second book in the series, did not disappoint. I was worried that it would come off a little flat after the awesomeness that was the first book, but I found myself super entertained and engaged and now I cannot WAIT to start the third!

Crescendo picks up after the events of Hush, Hush and Nora has become quite comfortable with the arrangement of Patch as her guardian angel. Having your boyfriend as your guardian angel could never be a bad thing, right? Trouble is, Nora and Patch's relationship has caught the eyes of the archangels and Nora learns that Patch is risking being sent to hell by continuing a relationship with her. A messy break-up results and if that wasn't hurtful enough, it seems like Patch has immediately moved on to Marcie Millar, Nora's lifelong rival. Love, apparently, hurts like hell...

Enter Scott Parnell, an old childhood friend, that Nora finds herself spending time with, partly out of a desire to hurt Patch, and partly because something about Scott is very intriguing. Nora quickly learns that Scott has some major secrets--he also happens to have ties to the man who killed Nora's father. Nora dives into a dangerous world, trying to uncover the truth about The Black Hand and the secret Nephilim society hellbent on tearing down the fallen angels. Will she survive unscathed? Or will someone she never expected turn on her when she needs them the most? Crescendo is one hell of a ride, a ride you'll NEVER regret taking.

Mmmkay. I have to say this... WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH THAT CLIFFHANGER?! UGH!!! Haha. Thank goodness I'm way late to this party and can start reading Silence, the third book, right away because that cliffhanger would have killed me if I had to wait over a year! And wow, wow, WOW! Talk about some plot twists in this one! Crescendo is a fast-paced speed demon of a book that will keep you on your toes all the way to the end.

Not that this book was ALL fabulous (even though I'd STILL rate it 5 of 5!) though... there were moments I wanted to chuck it against the wall! Patch was in fine form *sarcasm* sometimes and I wanted to punch him! Then there were times I wanted to punch Nora or give her a good shaking! And Vee borders between adorable and obnoxious off and on throughout the book. But all in all? It was FABULOUS. Good books are capable of creating intense emotions in readers. And this book? You'll be feeling some emotions all right!

I don't want to spoiler the plot twists but geeshhhh... not sure HOW I feel about the major one. I've really got to start reading the next book!!! If you haven't tried this series out yet, I'd give it a whirl. It's seriously entertaining and has a bad-boy character that will just have you swooning. He's so bad, it's GOOD. Enjoy! *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs