The Power of the Re-Read


I read... a LOT. As I'm sure do all of you who blog or visit blogs like mine. Reading is amazing, an addiction, a fulfilling hobby... but there does come to be a point when it almost feels like too much at times. I know you're probably thinking, "This chick is crazy" but hear me out.

If you're like me, you have a lot of stuff on your plate. I work full-time in a pretty stressful job. Don't even GET me started on the mess I had to deal with today! Add to that, I have four cats, a new puppy, a wedding in less than a month, and that all adds up to me being one very busy chick. So sometimes reading is forced to take a backseat and that provides the first challenge for me in terms of remembering ALLLLL the different book series I'm currently following.

The second challenge is just the sheer NUMBER of amazing books out there. The more I read, the more I find I WANT to read. My TBR pile mocks me daily! And while I wish I could say my memory is awesomesauce, it just isn't. So when a book series is set to only release a new book every year to two years, that poses a serious issue for me in that I totally forget key points of the storyline by the time the newest release comes around. It's gotten to the point where I am purposely waiting for some series to wrap up before I allow myself to engage in the first book.

But what about those series that are just too fabulous to push off? I've found lately that I HAVE to re-read the book or books that came before. And while I hate it in a way, because it takes valuable reading time away from me, I'm finding that it's helping me enjoy these series much more than before. No longer am I confused and left to wonder, "What the heck happened in that last book?". And I'm REALLY trying to let a couple books get out before I do a re-read so that I have at least two new books to read. Sometimes it's hard to wait, but then I look at my TBR pile and realize that I won't be left twiddling my thumbs!

Anywho... just my reading ramblings of the day. Hope everyone is well! *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs