*REVIEW* Night School


Synopsis:

Allie's world is falling apart...

She hates her school. Her brother has run away. And she's just been arrested.

Again.

Now her parents are sending her away to a boarding school where she doesn't know a soul.

But instead of hating her new school, Allie finds she's happy there. She's making friends. And then there's Sylvain, a suave French student who openly flirts with her. And Carter, the brooding loner who seems to have her back.

Soon, though, Allie discovers Cimmeria Academy is no ordinary school. Nothing there is as it seems. And her new friends are hiding dangerous secrets.

Something about this cover just drew me in and I knew the second I saw it that I HAD to read this book. The synopsis is so intriguing, yet really doesn't give anything away, so readers will really have to wait to find out all that is going on in this one. I really enjoyed this book and rated it a solid 4 out of 5 stars. The thing keeping me from rating it 5 stars is I felt a little letdown... more to come on that below.

Night School introduces us to Allie, a teenage girl with a knack of getting into trouble. Her latest escapade lands her at Cimmeria Academy, a mysterious boarding school that Allie has never heard of. Much to her surprise, Allie ends up enjoying her time at Cimmeria and even makes some new friends, including two boys that could end up being more. All in all, things are better than Allie could have ever hoped for. That is, until strange and dangerous things start to happen at the school...

Allie is thrust into mysterious waters and begins to question everything she knows about herself, her family, and Cimmeria Academy. Shocking revelations come to light, along with a dangerous adversary. Will Allie learn the truth in time to save herself and others? Or will she remain in the dark, never learning the truth that she seeks? All will be revealed in this fast-paced and engaging story by C.J. Daugherty.

This book was really, really good. It keeps you guessing for a LONG time about what is going on and that's so RARE in a story these days! Usually, it's pretty easy to suss out what's happening and what's coming next, but not with this one! And there's still SO MUCH that I don't know after reading it. I cannot wait to get my hands on the sequel!!! The only, and I mean the ONLY, thing that marked this book a little down for me is a major spoiler so I don't want to go into it, but let's just say that the truth about what's going on was a little bit of a letdown for me, I was expecting something much more.

That being said, I still REALLY enjoyed this book and am anxiously awaiting the next one. I highly recommend everyone check it out! Enjoy! *XOXO*

Expected publication date: May 21, 2013 by Katherine Tegen Books

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs