FUN FRIDAY (2)


Happy Friday!! :) Welcome to the second edition of FUN FRIDAY where I reveal something about me, some personal tidbit that will allow my followers to get to know me better. I follow several blogs and I sometimes wonder who the bloggers REALLY are behind the words, so I thought it would be a cool thing to open up a bit and to reveal more about who Karen really is.

Today's tidbit: I really struggle maintaining a healthy lifestyle. For many years, I was living a life that wasn't truly fulfilling, so to make up for it... I ate. A lot. All the time and rarely anything anyone would consider nutritional. I ended up hating myself when I looked in the mirror because I hated how I had let myself go.

That all changed when I forced myself to make changes in my life. I got out of my unfulfilling existence and started actually LIVING again. I lost over 60 pounds without even really trying and became happier, healthier, and way more confident in the person that I was. I could do things again that I had been avoiding because being unhealthy makes you FEEL different. You're tired, sluggish, embarrassed at times! It's really no fun. Not that I'm saying losing weight will change your life over night because it doesn't work that way! But for me, it was one step in a life transformation that was WAY overdue.

Fast forward over a year later... I met and fell in love with my true mate in life. I could not be happier than I am in this relationship. The problem with this happiness? We got lazy. I'm sure we've all been there. You get in this fabulous relationship, start eating out a lot, spend evenings cuddled up on the couch instead of at the gym... before you know it, almost 30 pounds have creeped back on! Definitely not what I wanted, but that's where I'm at today.

Soooo... time to get back on the get healthy wagon. I joined a Biggest Loser Competition at work and hope to lose the weight I've gained by the end of the school year. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Recognizing that you struggle with something is often the first step in correcting it. Self-awareness is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. Here's hoping I find some success again!

Hope you all have a smashingly fabulous Friday and WEEKEND! *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs