*REVIEW* Fins Are Forever


Synopsis:

On Lily Sanderson’s eighteenth birthday she’ll become just a girl—still a mergirl, true, but signing the renunciation will ink Princess Waterlily of Thalassinia out of existence. That leaves plain old Lily living on land, dating the boy she loves, and trying to master this being-human thing once and for all.

Now that Lily and Quince are together, mer bond or not, she’s almost content to give up her place in the royal succession of Thalassinia. But just when she thinks she has everything figured out, the waves start to get rough. Lily’s father sends a certain whirlpool-stirring cousin to stay with her on land. What did Doe do to get herself exiled from Thalassinia and stuck in terraped form when everyone knows how much she hates humans? And why why why is she batting her eyelashes at Lily’s former crush, Brody?

The seafoam on the raging surf comes when a merboy from Lily’s past shows up—Tellin asks Lily for something that clouds her view of the horizon. There’s a future with Quince on land, her loyalty to the kingdom in the sea, and Lily tossing on the waves in the middle. Will she find a way to reconcile her love, her duty, and her own dreams?

Tera Lynn Childs’s sequel to Forgive My Fins offers another tail-flicking romance with plenty of fun, sun, and underwater adventure.


I just ADORE this series! Another cute, fun, and magical story from the lovely Tera Lynn Childs. While I did like Forgive My Fins just a teeny smidge more, Fins Are Forever was a great sequel and shared some of the same wonderful characteristics that made Forgive My Fins such a pleasure to read.

Fins Are Forever picks up not long after Forgive My Fins. Lily is adjusting to her choice--instead of her plan to return to the sea and accept her role as Crown Princess Waterlily, she is instead focusing on getting accepted into college. Lily is in frantic cram mode with a looming SAT date and the stakes have never been higher. If she truly wants to enact change on the land that could protect her merkin below the sea, the first step is being accepted into college.

A major wrench is thrown into Lily's plans when Doe shows up at her doorstep, exiled and powerless. On top of her staying-human-now responsibilities, Lily will face one more task as the Princess of Thalassinia: She must help Doe overcome her hatred for humans. Chaos ensues as an unexpected event is triggered that forces Lily back into the sea, causing problems for her as she misses an important event on the land. Lily is also reunited with a childhood mer-friend, Tellin, who has an unexpected proposal for Lily... a proposal that could change everything.

Fins Are Forever is definitely worth a read. It's quick and easy and it surprised me a lot. Characters that I didn't care for much in Forgive My Fins really grew on me. The story moved quickly and I was left wanting more. Which THANKFULLY, I found out I won't have to wait all that long for! A third book in the series, Just For Fins, is coming out on July 3rd. Mark your calendars!

In the issue of fairness... I will divulge one thing that bugs me about this book. The cover. I get that the girl is supposed to look mermaidish... but to me, she kind of looks like a goth kid. I know that's being picky, haha. But I don't want to be too gushy! I just took off the jacket though while reading it cause the book itself was quite nice. Not as cute as the bubbly pink that came before it, but still nice to look at all the same.

Anywho... if you haven't checked out this series yet, do yourself a favor and get on it! You really won't be disappointed. Tera Lynn Childs's books are addicting in that can't-put-it-down way and I always seem to have a smile on my face at the end. What more could a girl hope for? Enjoy! *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs