*REVIEW* Wolfsbane


Synopsis

When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer, one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack and the man she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.

First off, let me say that I LOVE this series. I have grown extremely attached to some of these characters and truly enjoy the world that Andrea Cremer has created. That being said, second books can be a little tricky sometimes. While I was pleased and quite happy by the end of Wolfsbane, there were some moments in the first half of the book that didn't quite meet up to my expectations.

The book begins basically where Nightshade ended, with Calla waking up after being taken captive by the Searchers. Turns out, these guys may be the good guys after all. Calla is given the opportunity to form an alliance that could possibly spare all of her loved ones she was forced to leave behind. Sounds easy, right? Ha!

We're introduced to a ton of new characters and while I did end up growing to like some of them, I have to admit I found them tiresome in the beginning. Only because of the frequent banter between them. I found it distracting to the story and would end up off of my train of thought. Other than that slight annoyance, I did end up getting to know, and quite like, the majority of the new arrivals.

I really don't want to spoiler this book for anyone, because if you liked Nightshade, you're definitely going to want to read this one. It's got a lot of action and some truly touching moments. There's a surprise that frankly isn't much of a surprise at all if you're paying attention as you read the book. I was a little disappointed with how quickly I sniffed that one out. But don't forget, there are the BOYS! While I was on the fence on the Team Shay/Team Ren debate at the end of Nightshade, I have to say that I slid a little bit more towards one side by the end of this book. One of the boys lost some magic for me, while one gained favor. Especially when I realized how much I missed his presence since he played a much smaller role this time around.

All in all, this is a great book. The last half definitely made up for the slightly disappointing first, so don't give up if you're not loving it in the beginning. And you'll want to get your hands on Bloodrose as soon as possible, because the ending of Wolfsbane will leave you panting for more! Enjoy!

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs