TBR Pile: You're Going Down!
I've decided to join the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge! :)
I have WAYYYY too many books sitting on my bookcases... collecting dust, getting repeatedly passed over for bright and shiny new releases, feeling lonesome. It's pretty sad and it's time that I make a serious dent in the ever-growing pile. 2012 will be the year that I FINALLY stick to the resolution to get through as many of my TBR books as possible. Sound like something you could use too? Check out all the details below. But first... my goal for this challenge:
LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT (31-40 BOOKS)
1. This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 - Dec 31, 2012.
2. As the hosts would like to see quality reviews linked up to the monthly wrap-ups, only bloggers can enter. Sorry about that!
3. Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2011 and earlier! NO ARCs and 2012 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
4. You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
5. When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge (You need to include the info + host list + challenge button. You can also grab the button code and add it to your sidebar!)
6. You can move up levels, but no moving down.
7. Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
8. At the end of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it's unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It's open to INTERNATIONALS. For participating in the mini-challenge you will get +1 entry.
9. If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice - they will be checking ;)
10. December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you'll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway - 12 books, 12 winners, INTERNATIONAL.
11. You don't have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of them to be entered in giveaways!
1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
31-40 - Love At First Sight
41-50 - Married With Children
Evie from Bookish
Nicole from All I Ever Read
Bonnie from Hands and Home
Donna from Book Passion For Life
Caitlin from WatchYA Reading
Rie from Mission To Read
Vicky from Books, Biscuits & Tea
Christa from Hooked On Books
Jenna from Fans Of Fiction
Angel from Mermaids Vision
Wrap-up POST Schedule:
January - Donna (Theme: Let It Snow + Book Cover Challenge)
February - Nicole (Theme: Un-requited Love/Love Gone Wrong + Advice Column Challenge)
March - Rie (Theme: Green or Pinched + Green Cover Challenge)
April - Bonnie (Theme: Easter + Mini Challenge)
May - Christa (Theme: MayDay - Disaster Books! + Cover Disaster Challenge)
June - Jenna ( Theme: Camping + Sentence Challenge)
July - Rie (Theme: International Day + Cover Comparison Challenge)
August - Angel (Theme: Summer Memories + Send Your Fav Character On Vacation Challenge)
September - Nicole (Theme: Life Changing Books + Mini Challenge)
October - Caitlin (Theme: Thanksgiving Theme + Share-A-Book Challenge)
November - Vicky (Theme: Spooky Halloween + Book Puzzle Challenge)
December - Evie (Theme: Xmas Bliss + Book Bachelor Challenge)
Good luck and as always, HAPPY READING!!! *XOXO*
MY READ BOOKS! :)
1. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
2. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
3. Frozen Fire by Time Bowler
4. Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
5. Fins Are Forever by Tera Lynn Childs
6. Lament by Maggie Stiefvater
7. Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater
8. Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison
9. Early to Death, Early to Rise by Kim Harrison
10. Something Deadly This Way Comes by Kim Harrison
11. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
12. Sapphique by Catherine Fisher
13. Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski
14. The Six Rules of Maybe by Deb Caletti
15. Hush by Kate White
16. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 1: The Long Way Home by Joss Whedon and George Jeanty
17. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
18. Waiting for You by Susane Colasanti
19. Torment by Lauren Kate
20. Passion by Lauren Kate
21. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
22. Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
23. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick