*REVIEW* Bloodrose


Synopsis:

Calla has always welcomed war. But now that the final battle is upon her, there’s more at stake than fighting. There’s saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay’s wrath. There’s keeping Ansel safe, even if he’s been branded a traitor. There’s proving herself as the pack’s alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers’ magic once and for all. And then there’s deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.

Bloodrose is the final book in the Nightshade Trilogy by Andrea Cremer. Let me tell you... this book is a WILD RIDE! Full of action, heartbreak, love, loyalty and sacrifice, it will definitely keep you flipping the pages at a breakneck speed as the book rushes towards its conclusion.

Bloodrose continues the journey of Calla, Shay, Ren and the gang as they rush to gather the pieces that will help secure victory over the Keepers. This book is FULL of action around every corner, you will definitely not be bored with the pacing of this one! As the pieces come together, and war becomes inevitable, loyalties and relationships will be put to the test. Who will survive? And at what cost? The final battle is upon us... you will NOT want to miss it. And the ending has a surprise twist that will keep you on your toes.

So what did I REALLY think about the conclusion of this series? Without spoilering, I will say that in some ways, it met my expectations and left me with a smile on my face. But there is one event in the book that had tears streaming down my face, an event that muddied my love for the book because I feel that it made things too easy. And while many will consider the ending happy, I was left wanting more.

I'm sad to leave the Nightshade world behind. There are many characters I will continue to love and miss. But the series kind of lost its sparkle for me as it went through books two and three. Book one had a magic that can sometimes be hard to duplicate. That being said, I would still recommend this series to anyone who loves the wolfies. It's an entertaining and engaging series that you won't regret reading. Just choose your favorites carefully--remember that in war, there are always casualties. And as always... Happy Reading. *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs