*REVIEW* Where She Went


Synopsis:

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.


I have to say, Where She Went was a complete and total surprise. I didn't read the synopsis before I started the book, so each step along the way was unexpected. And having the story told from Adam's perspective was refreshing, heartwrenching, and so enjoyable, there are hardly words to describe it.

Where She Went picks up several years after the conclusion of If I Stay and boy, have things changed! Adam has become a bonafide rockstar and has a sexy celebrity girlfriend to boot. Turns out, Mia hasn't been doing too badly herself. A prodigy at Juilliard, she ends up graduating early to head out touring on her cello.

We learn through Adam that Mia abruptly ended their relationship by the classic disappearing act not too long after heading to Juilliard... an action that has left Adam completely broken. His life has been spiralling out of control since on a whirlwind of anxiety, fame, and music industry obligations. A chance encounter reunites Mia and Adam for a single night--a night that gives the ex-lovers the opportunity to finally open up about past hurts, regrets, feelings, and possible future changes. Will this night give Adam and Mia closure? Or does fate have another plan for the two of them?

If you want to know the answer to the above questions, you're just going to have to read it! I can say that this book did what it's predeccesor failed to do for me: It hooked me emotionally. Adam's POV was riveting. And tears? Yep, this time I had them. I was moved and touched and overwhelmed with feelings, feelings I couldn't quite get to when reading If I Stay. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend this book. 4 of 5 stars. Read them in order for the best experience, you'll be happy you did. Enjoy! *XOXO*

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I think you're the second person who liked Adam's POV more than Mia's. This book did feel heavier than the last one despite the different scenarios.

Karen said...

Did most people not enjoy his POV? I'm so late to the party with this book!

 
Imagination Designs