FUN FRIDAY (20)


Happy Friday!! :) Welcome to FUN FRIDAY where I reveal something about me, some personal tidbit that will allow my followers to get to know me better. I follow several blogs and I sometimes wonder who the bloggers REALLY are behind the words, so I thought it would be a cool thing to open up a bit and to reveal more about who Karen really is.

Today's tidbit: I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day. I work in a high school, so of course yesterday was big for the teenagers. Flowers, balloons, carnations being delivered in the middle of class... teddy bears, hearts, you name it were ALL over the place. And I admit, I used to love the holiday when I was younger. A day just to celebrate love? What's not to love? But as an adult, I can say that the holiday has really fallen flat.

I love my husband. With ALL my heart. And I tell him that, and show him that, every day of the year. Why do I need one special day to profess what he already knows? It seems like the Valentine's Day holiday is all about creating pressure and high expectations. I witnessed this first hand today when a coworker of mine was livid at her boyfriend because all he got her was a card and a necklace. REALLY?! The man is head over heels in love with you and because he fell short of your preconceived notions of how the day was supposed to go, you're threatening to break up with him? Call me crazy, but it seems like that's the opposite of what Valentine's Day is supposed to be all about.

My husband and I decided to put a $20 cap on supplies and hand-make our gifts for one another. Valentine's Day isn't about how much money you spend on someone, but the thought that goes behind the gift. And the biggest gift you can give your partner is the realization that it's just a day... show your loved ones how much they mean to you ALL the time and Valentine's Day won't seem quite so magical. Just my two cents! Hope you all enjoyed V-Day however is right for you. And for those who hate it? You've got a whole year before you have to deal with Cupid and all his nonsense again. Enjoy! *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs