*REVIEW* The Summoning


Synopsis:

My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again.

All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what that means anymore. It all started on the day that I saw my first ghost—and the ghost saw me.

Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't what it seems. Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? It's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House . . . before its skeletons come back to haunt me.

The Summoning is the first of The Darkest Powers Series by Kelley Armstrong. Kelley takes the world she created and applies it to the YA genre in a book that is fast paced and well-written, with just the right amount of mystery and intrique to keep you turning the pages. So if you've read some of Kelley's Otherworld Series, but were unsure about trying the YA, rest easy... you're not likely to be disappointed with this one!

This story follows Chloe, a fifteen-year old girl who ends up in Lyle House, a home for "troubled teens". We're introduced to a host of other characters, some more likeable than others, as they deal with the issues that have landed them at the group home. But is this just a home for teens dealing with mental illness or is there more to Lyle House than meets the eye?

This book will keep you flipping the pages and the cliffhanger at the end will have you scrambling to get your hands on the next one. I highly recommend this book. Kelley's writing is engaging, and the storyline is intriguing and perfectly paced. Happy Reading! *XOXO*

2 comments:

Linna said...

I loved your review! I've gotta agree- the pacing is awesome. I have to admit that I got scared a lot while reading The Summoning (I'm such a wimp xD). I can't wait for The Reckoning! And I wish the library would hurry up and catalog The Awakening! >_<

Karen said...

Thanks babe! There was DEFINITELY some spooky parts... in the crawl space? *shudders*

 
Imagination Designs