*REVIEW* Nightshade

Synopsis:

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything--including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


Wow... this book was absolutely AMAZING. It's one of my favorite reads of the year and I would recommend it to anyone. Andrea Cremer writes a fantastic tale full of werewolves, mystery, loyal friendship and pack devotion, backstabbing, lies, and extremely hot boys. It's got something for everyone and it will keep you guessing and frantically flipping the pages!

Nightshade follows the story of Calla Tor. Her entire life has been mapped out by the Keepers and she is about to complete her union to Ren, an extremely sexy alpha wolf from a rival pack. Her union to Ren will unite her pack and his into a new pack that will be guarding a special place of interest to the Keepers. The problem? Calla has developed intense feelings for Shay, a human boy she saved from a bear attack. He has shown up as a new student at her school and is mysteriously a person of importance to the Keepers.

Calla saving Shay's life is in direct violation of one of the most important laws of her world. And now she has been ordered to protect Shay and they must spend a lot of time together... time that leads her to confessing many secrets of her world, secrets that could place both her and Shay in terrible danger. The more that Shay learns about Calla's world, the more questions that it raises for both of them. They begin to doubt everything that Calla has always been told... who is the real threat? The Keepers or the Searchers?

As the date of the union approaches, Calla is torn between Ren and Shay, between loyalty and love. Will she choose duty and responsibility? Or will she risk everything for the possibility of true love?

I don't want to say much more because spoiling this for anyone would be criminal. This book is absolutely incredible. I fell in love with Calla... how awesome it was to read about a strong and capable female protagonist. You can't help but root for her every step of the way. And Ren and Shay? RAWR! I'm usually firmly on one side of the "Team" fence but I'm torn on this one! And the writing... WOW. I was so engrossed in this story, it was hard to put the book down. I cannot wait to read the next book in this series, Wolfsbane.

So if you couldn't tell, I freakin' adored this book. The characters, the love, the boys, the mystery, the action... everything about it. I HIGHLY recommend you go out and get this one as soon as it hits the shelves on October 19th. You will not regret it!

Also, be sure to check out my blog next month. As part of the Ultimate Reviewers Challenge, I will be interviewing Andrea Cremer! And she's so amazing, she's agreed to throw in a signed ARC for the prize pack for the contest. You don't want to miss out!

As always, Happy Reading! And thanks for stopping by! *XOXO*

3 comments:

Candace said...

Great review! I also LOVED this book!

Karen said...

Wasn't it amazing?!? It's one of those books that stays with you... I wish I had my own copy so I could re-read it! October can't get here fast enough :)

Nithya said...

Wow, your review is amazing. I really love the way you write, It definitely appeals to me! I really think I might like this book, I'm kinda a sucker for wild romance!!!! Lolz!!! I'm a recent follower for your blog, and I also have a book review blog, so please check out my posts and comment on what you think of it!!!

http://www.blossombookreviews.blogspot.com

 
Imagination Designs