FUN FRIDAY (9)


Happy Friday!! :) Welcome to FUN FRIDAY where I reveal something about me, some personal tidbit that will allow my followers to get to know me better. I follow several blogs and I sometimes wonder who the bloggers REALLY are behind the words, so I thought it would be a cool thing to open up a bit and to reveal more about who Karen really is.

Today's tidbit: I do not handle stress well. At ALL. When things start to feel overwhelming to me, I completely fall apart. My job is HIGHLY stressful at certain parts of the school year so that makes things very interesting for me. I get moody, cranky, irritable, quick to snappy and sarcastic remarks, and I cry. Easily and a lot. I used to think it was just the job, but I've been in the same position for five years and I still go through periods where I feel like I'm losing my mind, so I'm really starting to think it's me!

Going through the same thing again this year has promoted a lot of self-awareness and reflection for me. I'm getting to the point in my life where I'm seriously considering starting a family (after we get married next year, of course!) and I really can't imagine taking on the stress of being a parent in my current situation. So I'm thinking that I need to work on my reactions to stress. I need to find ways to calm myself, to stay in perspective, and to not get so worked up. Easier said than done! But something has got to give because this just won't work if anything else gets added to my plate.

So I'm hoping exercise may help, I'm going to try getting into a normal routine with that. A lot of people swear by meditation but that feels a little silly to me. But perhaps some nights taking a hot bath and reading with a glass of wine will do the trick. The stress from this school year is far from over so I'll definitely get some practice in the next couple months!

Hope you all have a fantabulous weekend! Hope you all find some time to spend with loved ones. Family and friends are the things that really matter in life *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs