Teaser Tuesday: The Six Rules of Maybe


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading!

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

-Grab your current read
-Open to a random page
-Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

This week's teaser comes from The Six Rules of Maybe by Deb Caletti:

It was one of those times I believed in the subconscious, that it existed, at least, like the books said it did. I just wasn't so sure it was always doing those things without us knowing. Probably, you and your subconscious only pretended to keep secrets from each other. I pictured the subconscious as this thing the general population had to get us off the hook for the stupid things we did, the same as Catholics had confession. pg.74

I haven't gotten very far into this one yet... the premise is that the main character's sister returns home pregnant and married. The main character develops a crush on her sister's new hubby. That's about all I know! I try to avoid spoilering myself so that books are a surprise as I go. Guess we'll see how it goes! What are YOU reading? I'd love to read your teasers so leave me a link! :)

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs