Waiting on Wednesday (27)


Synopsis:

Hatchet meets Lost in this modern-day adventure tale of one girl's reawakening

Jane is on a plane on her way home to Montclair, New Jersey, from a mental hospital. She is about to kill herself. Just before she can swallow a lethal dose of pills, the plane hits turbulence and everything goes black. Jane wakes up amidst piles of wreckage and charred bodies on a snowy mountaintop. There is only one other survivor: a boy named Paul, who inspires Jane to want to fight for her life for the first time.

Jane and Paul scale icy slopes and huddle together for warmth at night, forging an intense emotional bond. But the wilderness is a vast and lethal force, and only one of them will survive.

Expected publication: August 2, 2012 by Razorbill


I really can't wait to read this one! I work with teenagers and suicidal thoughts are not new to me, so I'm very interested to see how the author portrays Jane as she goes through such a rough period. And then a plane crash! This will be the second plane crash book I've read this year and I'm hoping I enjoy this one even more.

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs