Spring Break: Week in Review


So Spring Break is officially over and it's back to the grind tomorrow *sniff*. I'm trying to be positive... when we go back to school tomorrow, there are only nine weeks left until glorious summer vacation. Continuing with the positiveness, I thought I would reflect on what I got done this week.

Reading: I finished Sapphique by Catherine Fisher. I really wanted to read more, but I just had too much to do. And if you read my earlier post about sequels, you know that Sapphique was full of challenges for me. I'm happy to say that it DID get better and I found it easier to get through than the first eighty-some pages. I plan on writing my review on it tomorrow so be on the lookout for that!

The house: For those who don't know, I recently moved with my fiance and four cats from an apartment to a three bedroom house. It's a GREAT house, but it was built in 1956 so you can imagine that it needs some work. We've been busting tail the past month or so (we moved in on March 17) and we had some projects we wanted to tackle while we were both off for spring break. We painted the last bathroom, I painted a shelf in the downstairs bathroom, we fixed some doors, and did MAJOR yardwork. I'm bummed to say we still have HOURS to go in that department since the yard was left to it's own devices for several years. Yeah, I forgot to mention that this house had been uninhabited before us for almost three years. So while we didn't completely get things done, things are looking WAY better around here.

The wedding: We're getting married June 2013. While it seems like that is ages away, we want to get done as much as possible so next school year isn't insane for us. So we met with two florists over the break and came up with an estimate that we can live with. I love flowers, so I'm super stoked we've got a plan. We also did some research going to a variety of craft stores since we have several DIY projects we want to do for the wedding.

The loved ones: We had Easter, which was great cause we got together with my family at my grandmother's house. My family had gotten out of the habit of Easter gatherings so it was nice to get together with everyone. Dan, the fiance, helped his parents with a major remodel of their kitchen, I finally got to meet the best friend's boyfriend, and I got together with another bestie for a much needed dinner and chat.

So all in all, I think it was a successful week. I spring cleaned the whole house (much needed!), did all the laundry, and did our grocery shopping for the week since we're going on a new health plan tomorrow. The fiance and I spent some highly needed quality time together, and we spent some chill time with the cats. The move hasn't been easy on them either cause we've been so busy all the time. I think we all needed some time to just relax on our sectional couch as a family.

So... the coming week: Back to work (meh), got to write and post my review of Sapphique, I need to post a review of a green cover for the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge, and I plan on posting my 250 Follower Giveaway. Good things to come! I hope you all have had a great weekend and are as ready to face the coming week as I am. Cheers! *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs