Teaser Tuesday: Once Dead, Twice Shy


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading!

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

-Grab your current read
-Open to a random page
-Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title and author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

This week's Teaser Tuesday comes from Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison.

I glanced at our driver as she turned the boat, silently urging her to hurry up. Her eyes were now showing over her sunglasses. Blue, I first noted, and then fear slid through me. Even as I watched, they shifted to silver as she smiled in quiet satisfaction. She was a reaper. The driver was the dark reaper. Barnabas was on the wrong boat. Damn it, I knew she was too pretty to be alive. pg. 14

I'm about 50 pages in and I'm not too sure what I think so far. I almost feel like I've been dropped into a story where I'm supposed to know more than I do. It's pretty confusing and I'm not loving it yet. I hope it gets better since this whole series has been sitting on my shelves for longer than I care to admit! Anywho... what are you reading this week? Leave me a link, I'd love to check it out! *XOXO*

No comments:

 
Imagination Designs